Sunday, October 12, 2008

With time, I bet you’ll even like it.

the story revolves around Mariam and Laila....  both separated by atleast a generation but tied to each other due to the marriage to the same Devil Rasheed, who wants a son & nothing else... i cried with every thrashing inflicted upon these two ladies.... I prayed for their safety and sanity throughout the book... and hated all those chauvinistic idiots Mariam and Laila meet at every turn of their life...

Tariq, just saves the failing grace of men....  :P

this was the time i read a contionus stream of books about war ridden countries like afganistan, iran, iraq yday.... dunno why but this made me hate all Men and also the terrorists who have religion up their sleeves for all their notorius activities...

Mariam comes across as d sacrificing mother who is ready to die to save Laila and Tariq, when Laila murders Rasheed.... hated Laila when she marries Rasheed to hide her pregnancy but again who am i to blame her... it was either do or die for her....

i just pray for peace and safety for all those sisters in war ridden countries.. May i never see such a situation... Amen!!!

2 comments:

Ravi said...

Nice book. I read it abt a year ago. The book was too depressing however. I mean, it makes u hate humankind. how can ppl be so monstrous??! I enjoyed The Kite Runner a bit more...

Ratzzz said...

all war books make u hate humankind.. it did the same tome.. but i learn to love them too..in my own way..

my Shelf..