Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tuesdays with Morrie

Ufff..... i am finished with "Private life of an Indian prince" by Mulk Raj Anand, "The Glass Palace" by Amitav Ghosh, "The Life of Social Butterfly" by Moni Moshin, "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint ExupĂ©ry, "Tuesdays With Morrie" by Mitch Albom,  re-read "The Love Story" by Erich Segal btw the last post and now...

Talking abt "Tuesdays with Morrie".. yup i am quite late in reading this, but i am in complete love with Morrie... some words stuck to my mind
  • When in bed, you're dead.
  • Love wins.. love always wins
  • How can I be envious of where u are -- when I've been there myself?
 Man this guy had really something to say... This is one of the books which make u stop and ponder over the point u just read...its not one of those skim-over-the-words-and-understand-it-completely type books....

One to add to ur collection and go back to it again & again..
post signature

18 comments:

hope said...

yes! a "must read at least once" book.. I loved it too..

thanks for dropping by.. :)

Matangi Mawley said...

must get a hold of it!

Ratzzz said...

@ hope

Loved it too

Ratzzz said...

@MM

u absolutely shud, Lady!!

vanilla sky said...

I finished this book sitting at an Oxford bookstore. Wonderful read :)

Ratzzz said...

@ vanilla...

i had read thru most books sitting in a book store.. but i bought this home.. loved this that much

joie de vivre said...

ofcourse this book is amazing...i was gifted this book by a very dear friend..and this book made me think much better now..with more good thoughts

Ratzzz said...

@ joiedevivre

Likewise, lady Likewise

Amrita~Ams said...

hmm..must read books..

Ratzzz said...

@ ams

:-) hmm yeah

Siladitya said...

good article u posted here in ur blog.
Poetry directory

Tabitha said...

My sister gifted me this book.. I read it on a flight from Muscat to Mumbai and managed to ignore the cute lookin guy sittin next to me (I had noticed him at the waiting lounge n had prayed he sat next to me) NO REGRETS I say!!!

Ratzzz said...

@ siladitya..

thanks :-)

Ratzzz said...

@ tabitha

ha haha... dont regret at all... and i remember ignoring a guy on train just becoz i had amitav ghosh in hand... lolzzz

Mads said...

You are an avid reader re. so cool :D
i hv only read love story among the ones u mentioned..
and the quotes are sexy. loved the 3rd one!!
and ur autograph is so cute !! :D
will try to catch that book re.. :)

muthu said...

I 22 loved the book.

have U tried the movie.

I should say - it was not bad. U must try it. :)

Ratzzz said...

@ MAds...

thanks dear... and yeah i loved that quote very much..

try reading the book... btw i am sucker for Love stories too :-P

Ratzzz said...

@ Muthu

i make it a point to avoid movies based on books i love yaar... spoils the original plot.. :(

my Shelf..